- 6 ripe peaches
- 1 lime plus 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 4 duck breasts
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- lime wedges
- Dip the peaches into a saucepan of boiling water for 5 seconds then plunge them into iced water.
- Remove the skins, which should slip off easily.
- Cut each peach in half, remove the stone, then cut each half into eight wedges.
- Peel the lime, removing all the pith, and seperate the lime sections by carefully cutting each piece away from the membrane.
- Toss the peach slices with the lime segments, extra lime juice, olive oil, chilli and mint, and season with a little pepper
- Trim the duck breasts of fat and sinew, and sprinkle each breast with the ground coriander
- Preheat a barbeque flat plate to medium direct heat and cook the duck on the flat plate for 4 minutes or until the skin is golden, then turn it and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Turn the breasts over again and cook them for 1 minute longer to make the skin crispy, then leave to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Slice each breast into four pieces on the diagonal and serve them with the peach salad and lime wedges
- (Serves 4)