- 2/3 Cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1/3 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/3 Cup Castor Sugar
- 90g Butter – Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Large Tin/Tub of Sliced Peaches (Approx. 825g - Natural Juice)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Plain Flour
- 30g Butter, Chopped
- (Combine sugar and sifted flour in bowl, rub in butter)
- Grease a 19cm x 29cm Lamington Pan. Line base and sides with paper, grease paper.
- Sift flours into bowl, add sugar and rub in butter. Add combined milk, egg and essence, stir until combined. Spread two thirds of the mixture into prepared pan. Top with peaches (drained). Drop tablespoons of remaining mixture over peaches, sprinkle with topping.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Slice can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream.