- 1kg of lean beef fillet, cubed
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of chopped rosemary
- 1 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 200g of sliced eggplants
Mint Yoghurt dressing
- 250g of plain yoghurt
- 1 crush garlic clove
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Put the beef in a non-metallic bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice and rosemary and pour over the beef.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To make the mint yogurt dressing, mix together the yoghurt, garlic, cucumber and mint and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the beef and thread onto long metallic skewers, alternating pieces of beef with the onion wedges and slices of eggplant.
- Cook the kebabs on a hot, lightly oiled barbecue grill or flat plate, turning often, for 5-10 minutes, or until the beef is cooked through and tender.
- Serve with the dressing – Makes 8 kebabs